What do kids love more than pizza? Getting to make it themselves!
Homemade pizza is one of our favorite meals. It is perfect for DIY dinner night. Each person at your table can personalize their pie to maximize their satisfaction.
Making pizza at home allows you to choose a few healthier options. Because your average restaurant pizza isn’t winning any healthy eating awards.
But made at home with a whole wheat crust and loads of fresh veggies, pizza starts to look a lot better.
Plus, it’s way more fun.
This homemade pizza recipe is made with nut-free basil pesto, which gives it a refreshing flavor. You can just as easily use tomato sauce, or a combo of the two. Let your kids choose.
- 1 pound Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Nut-Free Basil Pesto
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Torn fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- Lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet. Press out the dough onto the baking sheet and set aside to rise until it doubles in size, about 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Brush the dough with the oil. Top evenly with the pesto. Sprinkle with the cheese. Add any additional toppings you choose.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the crust turns golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- Top with basil leaves and serve.