Get cozy with vegan sweet potato soup.
Fall is here which means it’s time for soup! This simple sweet potato soup with apples is one of my favorites because it’s so easy to make and is incredibly satisfying. It’s also dairy-free, making it perfect for kids with allergies. The crispy quinoa is the secret to this recipe. It gives the soup a crispy topping that is absolutely delicious.
Vegan Sweet Potato Soup with Apples and Crispy Quinoa
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Serves 6 to 8
Ingredients for Vegan Sweet Potato Soup:
½ cup cooked quinoa
¼ cup plus 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 lb sweet potato
1 lb Granny smith apples
1 medium onion
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3 cups vegetable broth
¾ cup unsweetened coconut milk
Directions for Vegan Sweet Potato Soup:
1. Heat a medium frying pan over medium heat, then add 3 tablespoons olive oil and ½ cup of cooked quinoa. Sauté gently for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the grains are golden brown and crispy. Set aside on a paper-towel-lined plate.
2. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
3. Peel the sweet potatoes, apples, and onion, then cut them into ½” wedges. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and toss with the oil and salt.
4. Bake, turning occasionally, for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
5. Remove from the oven and let the potato mixture cool.
6. Transfer the cooled potato mixture to a blender. Add the broth and 1 cup water. Puree gently.
7. Transfer the soup to a medium stockpot and rewarm it over low heat. Stir in the coconut milk.
8. Serve in small cups or ramekins with a garnish of frizzled quinoa.
Pin it! Vegan Sweet Potato Soup with Apples and Crispy Quinoa
Pin our recipe for Vegan Sweet Potato Soup. For more recipe inspiration, check out our Easy Dinner Recipes board on Pinterest.