Add this recipe to your list of low carb snacks! These salty, savory Roasted Edamame Pop’ems are little protein powerhouses so you (and your kids) can snack happy and healthy at the same time!
Give your holiday snack table a boost of goodness this season. These Roasted Edamame Pop’ems are one of our favorite healthy snacks anytime of year, but they’re particularly great when you need to ward off unhealthy snacks around the holidays. They are best served warm, right out of the oven.
Low Carb Snacks: Roasted Edamame Pop’ems
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Ingredients for Roasted Edamame Pop’ems:
1 pound frozen shelled edamame
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon kosher salt
Directions for Roasted Edamame Pop’ems:
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Place the frozen edamame in a strainer and run under warm water for a few minutes to remove ice clumps.
3. Transfer the edamame to a rimmed baking sheet. Pat dry with a paper towel to remove any excess water. Add the oil and salt to the beans, then toss to combine. Spread the beans into a single, even layer on the pan.
4. Roast, stirring occasionally, for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the beans turn golden brown and puffy.
5. Serve immediately. The beans will lose their crunchy texture as they cool.