Ghoulish chocolate pudding cups.
Frightfully delicious, these miniature chocolate pudding cups are made with chocolate avocado pudding and topped with toasted coconut. A cookie serves as the headstone, and doubles as a spoon for enjoying your ghoulish treat.
Graveyard Chocolate Pudding Cups
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Ingredients for Graveyard Chocolate Pudding Cups:
2 medium Hass avocados
½ cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder, plus extra for dusting
¾ cup light brown sugar
½ cup whole milk (substitute coconut milk to make it vegan)
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
8 small cookies (Milanos or shortbread cookies work well)
Red or black icing for piping
Directions for Graveyard Chocolate Pudding Cups:
1. Halve the avocados and remove the pits. Using a spoon, scoop around the fruit, between the flesh and the skin, to remove the flesh. Place it in a blender or food processor fitted with a metal blade.
2. Add the cocoa powder, sugar, milk, and vanilla and process for 2 minutes, or until smooth and no chunks of avocado remain.
3. Divide the pudding equally among eight small cups. Top with shredded coconut and dust with cocoa powder.
4. Using the icing, pipe a ghoulish greeting onto each cookie. Place one cookie in each cup to create a headstone.
5. Chill for 10 minutes before serving.
Reprinted from THE 52 NEW FOODS CHALLENGE: A Family Cooking Adventure for Each Week of the Year, with 150 recipes. Reprinted by arrangement with Avery, an imprint of Penguin Publishing Group, a division of Penguin Random House LLC. Copyright © 2014 by Jennifer Tyler Lee.
Ready for more easy Halloween treat ideas? Check out these frightfully fun Halloween desserts.