This blueberry smoothie is filled with the kind of blues we love.
This refreshing blueberry smoothie is a blast of goodness, perfect for a healthy breakfast or quick snack. Use it as a base for trying new foods, like flax- or chia seeds. In the spring, when blueberries are in season, be sure to freeze a big bag of them, along with fresh mint, so that you can enjoy this smoothie any time of year.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Ingredients for Blueberry Blast Smoothie from The 52 New Foods Challenge:
1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1 banana, peeled
½ cup nonfat plain yogurt
½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
4 or 5 ice cubes
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (from ½ lemon)
1 tablespoon coarsely chopped
fresh mint leaves, plus whole leaves for garnish
Directions for Blueberry Blast Smoothie from The 52 New Foods Challenge:
1. In a blender, combine the blueberries, banana, yogurt, orange juice, ice cubes, lemon juice, and mint leaves. Blend until smooth, about 2 minutes.
2. Pour into small glasses, garnish with mint leaves, and serve immediately.
Tip: To save garden-fresh mint for your smoothies, wash it thoroughly, chop it, place it in an ice cube tray, fill with water, and freeze. Pop the cubes in your blender for a refreshing boost of mint in smoothies all year long.
Pin This! Blueberry Blast Smoothie
Pin our Blueberry Blast Smoothie! And for more delicious + healthy breakfast inspiration, follow our Healthy Breakfast Board on Pinterest. It’s gonna be a bright, bright sunshine-y day!
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 banana, peeled
- ½ cup nonfat plain yogurt
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 4 or 5 ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (from ½ lemon)
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh mint leaves, plus whole leaves for garnish
- Add the juice to a blender, then add the blueberries, banana, yogurt, ice cubes, lemon juice, and mint leaves. Blend until smooth, about 2 minutes. Garnish with mint leaves and serve immediately.